Contract Administrator – Hybrid – Pleasanton, CA, US | Works
DALIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm of 180 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer over 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by a vision of creating places that promote human flourishing and well-being. It’s the same The passion of the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently looking for a CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR to join the administrative team at our Pleasanton, CA office! Under minimal supervision, this administration professional is primarily responsible for all service contract agreements for the Company: reviewing the scope of services and fees, recommending changes to ensure compliance with required objectives and eliminating inconsistencies, conflicts and ambiguities to ensure compliance with all laws and contractual requirements. This person will have the ability to work independently on projects from concept to completion, and should be able to work under pressure with a pleasant and professional disposition. As a member of the administrative team, responsibilities include supporting overall administrative operations by collaborating with other corporate administrative staff and contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
Interested? If so, please read this entire article – your attention to this is an important part of how we assess our candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support multiple C-level frameworks
- Manage, prepare and/or directly supervise all main and subcontracts
- Manage the review and revision of contracts before they are sent to authorized signatories for execution
- Work with project teams to obtain the data needed to define contractual requirements
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Manage internal database to maintain contractor information to ensure contract compliance such as insurance certificates, DBE certifications, etc.
- Accurately maintain contract documents and professional services agreements in accordance with record retention policies
- Collaborate with the Director of Administration and various levels of staff regarding contractual requirements, proposed changes to contract language, developing and updating procedures and other contractual strategies
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in contracting, including federal, state, and architectural guidance rules and regulations; incorporates new developments, as appropriate; ensures that processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of policies and regulations governing architectural contract requirements
- Experience managing contracts or subcontracts, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional verbal and written skills to be able to present and negotiate agreements in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent reading and language comprehension, with the ability to disseminate critical and relevant information
- Must present a positive image of DAHLIN consistent with its global brand
- Knowledge of Ajera / Deltek a plus
- Knowledge of AIA Contract software is a plus
- Ability to keep up with DAHLIN’s fast-paced processes and environment
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- A/ E/ C industry experience required
- 5+ years of administrative experience in a professional services environment
- Preferred paralegal experience
- Previous experience coaching C-level executives required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and relevant studies
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the ability to participate in pre-tax flexible spending plans for medical, childcare, and transportation expenses, an employee stock ownership plan, and 401k.
Please upload your curriculum vitae and a cover letter (PDF or Word/5 MB max) explaining to us why you are our ideal candidate and why you want to work for our firm. Requests that do not follow these instructions may not be considered.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review each application, so we regret that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept CVs from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel providers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
View your application history