Marketing Coordinator – New York, NY, USA | Jobs
SCAPE is a New York-based landscape architecture and urban design firm with offices in New Orleans and San Francisco. We design and champion the ecologically restorative and socially engaged landscapes, urban environments and natural infrastructure of the future.
Our staff of over 90 people includes landscape architects, urban planners, architects, green designers, horticulturists and community engagement professionals, as well as strong technical expertise related to building, regulatory and agency review. We work across disciplines, collaborating with architects, developers, engineers, foundations, agencies, institutions, and grassroots community and environmental justice groups on projects at all scales.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Coordinator is an essential role within the SCAPE marketing team. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a marketing and/or business development team in the field of design. This candidate is very organized; has excellent Adobe InDesign skills (a must); has a working knowledge of the RFP/Q response process; brings strong writing skills with the ability to translate key design themes into narrative content, with a keen eye for detail; and works well in a team environment, bringing a self-motivated and problem-solving attitude.
The marketing team currently consists of a Senior Director of Business Development, a Senior Director of Communications and another Marketing Coordinator, collectively overseen by the Managing Director. This role will primarily support the Senior Director of Business Development, providing additional support to the Senior Director of Communications on an as needed/availability basis established through weekly staffing calls.
The Marketing Coordinator will bring efficiency to both the ‘front’ and ‘back-end’ of business development, helping to maintain an up-to-date and well-organized cache of marketing materials that outline our existing portfolio while creating thoughtful and graphically appealing elements. materials in pursuit of new work.
This role is based in either our New York headquarters or our New Orleans office. Applications are also accepted for our new San Francisco office, but applicants based in New York or New Orleans are highly preferred.
- The Marketing Coordinator will assist with all levels of the proposal process (RFP/Q response), including:
- Review RFP/Q briefs and write summaries for Main Review/Go-No Go decisions;
- Proposal document management – layout of visually appealing and well-edited proposals in Adobe InDesign for various project activities;
- Coordinate sub-consultant teams – starting point for correspondence and material requests for often large and multi-disciplinary teams of peer firms and collaborators;
- Writing interview presentations: layout visually appealing presentations for the interview process;
- Coordinate review and changes – administer a timely review process with SCAPE core team and collaborators, capture changes and maintain an orderly file structure;
- Write original proposal documents (as needed) – including customized project descriptions, approach/project understanding text and other first draft texts for basic use;
- Coordinate the submission of print and digital proposals, including working with local printers to meet document specifications and timely delivery to meet tight deadlines.
The Marketing Coordinator will also retain (and, if necessary, write master copies) of SCAPE marketing materials, including:
- Cut sheets (i.e. project summaries including description, key images/graphics and additional project information);
- CVs and portraits;
- Company portfolios and promotional brochures;
- Overall file management (i.e. maintaining and updating graphics, photos, text and other marketing campaign reference files/materials).
Other duties in support of the Marketing Team and Core Team may be assigned as required (including but not limited to: coordinating conferences and special events, preparing price submissions, updating the website, creating digital media and other tasks). However, these secondary tasks will be assigned to the two senior managers to ensure that the appropriate time is available.
A successful candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a marketing and/or business development team in the field of design or a related discipline;
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign (a must) – especially print/digital document formatting, with an eye for graphic design;
- Experience leading RFP/Q responses, including producing draft proposals and presentations in Adobe InDesign, courteous and timely coordination between sub-consultants and related duties;
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail and understanding of audience and context;
- General knowledge of and interest in the field of design, including landscape architecture, urban planning/design, architecture, engineering and related disciplines (i.e. real estate and economic development) ;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, in particular the ability to balance short-term (“high tide”) tasks requiring action with longer term (“low tide”) initiatives requiring constant follow-up;
- Strong relationship management skills, including the ability to “manage” and facilitate a streamlined proposal process in busy schedules.
Although not required, the ideal candidate may also possess:
- Experience in managing/tracking a business development pipeline (via CRM software or other method);
- Skills in digital photography / videography and sense of visual composition;
- Experience in researching and writing project approaches and/or preliminary scope texts;
- Aptitude for social media (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), especially narrative/interactive content;
- Additional skills in Adobe software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.), particularly photo/video editing;
- Basic graphic design skills (i.e., the ability to compose simple diagrams such as site plans, flowcharts, and graphical schedules).
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION
Please submit your resume, cover letter and sample work here.
Applications are due by May 21 at 6:00 p.m. EST.
You can contact [email protected] with any questions, but please review these instructions in detail before contacting us.